Friday, January 25, 2013

Foodie Friday: The Foundry

Oh boy do I have a treat for you!  As some of you know, it is dineLA Restaurant Week.  This happens to be my most favorite time of the year!  Restaurants from all over the city create special pre-fixed menus, and people like me get to taste LA's finest for either $25, $35 or $45 depending on the restaurant.  This week I tried The Foundry on Melrose, and chef Eric Greenspan did not disappoint.  The Foundry has a sophisticated menu without the snooty uptight attitude you might find at other white tablecloth establishments.  I was able to dine, feel special and get my foodie on.  Not to mention our tabel was visited by chef Greenspan himself not once, but twice during the evening.  This is a guy that clearly cares about his guests.  That was apparent in the service we received, the wine we drank and the food we devoured.  Well done Foundry!

Yummy Biscuits
Golden Beet Soup with Rye Goat Cheese Croquettes
Tuna Tartar
Crispy Skin Branzino
Hanger Steak
Cheddar Apple Crumble

2 comments: